Monday, September 04, 2006

Physio job 2: North London


After I finished my job in Bristol on Wed Aug 30, I only had to wait 2 days for more job offers - on Friday I got the call for the next job. My second locum position was an acute neuro/stroke position at the Whittington Hospital. Everything was falling into place - it meant that I could save up just enough to travel through Europe with just enough time to travel before going to New York in November.

The job was stable (5 weeks and could have worked more), but it highlighted the flaws of the English health system and how unorganised the system is. Without going into too much detail, I think the Australian system, though having its own issues, is pretty good in comparison.

Strange to be doing neuro work when I had always expected to work mainly in orthopaedics. Funny how things work out here in London...so instead of not finding any work (as I expected), I was getting steady work, good pay, and probably would`ve been able to get more work (I had another offer from a different agency as well).

But now the job is finished, and my career as a UK physio has probably come to an end for the near future...

DN

No comments: