Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Yank Tank (1989-2005) R.I.P.



Yes, it's gone. The Yank Tank ('89 Toyota Camry) was lost today. Hit in the back by a P-plater (someone who has a Probationary Licence, normally 18-21 yrs old) on the corner of Royal Parade and Grattan St in Parkville. I'm sitting at the lights, and just as they turn green, I hear the sound of ambulance, so I keep the brakes on. Then WHAM! I'm hit in the back. No injuries, the impact wasn't that big. But the damage was enough to write off my car! What's more, the guy doesn't have any insurance (I'm surprised he stopped for me)! So my insurance has paid me out (and will chase him for the money), and will take the Yank Tank to a resting place, where it will become an organ donor for numerous ailing cars.

Above are not pictures of my car, but a very similar one in Queensland I found on the internet.

It was probably for the best anyway - the payout was good, better than what I could've sold it for, and the car was on its last legs anyway.

Now the search for a new car begins this weekend. After saying to goodbye to the Hamstermobile ('85 Corolla) and the Yank Tank, what will be my next car? Stay tuned.

DN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it...why was THAT a Yank Tank??? Danny...seriously! Remember the Impala?!?!