Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Socceroos to Germany 2006



What a game. Australia def. Uruguay on penalties 4-2 (1-1 aggregate full time), and the country goes nuts. I watched the first leg on Sunday at Federation Square (www.fedsquare.com.au) where the Socceroos lost 1-0 at Uruguay, which really wasn't all that bad. Tonight I watched the game with my dad, uncles, and cousin at home. We screamed at the TV all night, and when John Aloisi (that's the guy with the shirt off) scored the last penalty goal, we along with millions of other Aussies went beserk. After 32 frustrating years, Australia is back into the World Cup!


The US had qualified for the World Cup months ago. So now both my countries are in! And hopefully I'll be there to see them somewhere in Germany. Dec 9 the final draw is announced.

DN

No comments: