Friday, February 02, 2007

Melbourne band Second Dan @ Crash Mansion

Well, one of the things I planned to do on my end of '06 list was to see Aussie bands while I'm here in NYC, and tonight I went to see SecondDan, whose lead singer is from Melbourne. They were one of the Victorian winners of triple J's Unearthed back in 2004. They played at Crash Mansion, a bar in SoHo.

I was planning to go to Ruth's godsister Meaghan, but she had to back out, so I was planning to fly solo, but somehow managed to convince some workmates to come along!

I was on the RSVP list, so I skipped the cover charge, and hit the free vodkas from 9-10pm. Soon after Second Dan came on, and rocked the house down. On the last song, they invited the audience to dance on stage!

The band Second Dan during their last song, with audience members onstage

After the gig, I had a brief chat with the lead singer (first name also Dan) and got a photo.

Me with the lead singer of Second Dan

After that, I kicked on to a bar called Bar 13 near Union Square. It was Hip-Hop night, so lots of beats and crunk. Had a boogie with Annabelle and her mates from dancing.

Me and Annabelle staring into the twilight zone...doo doo doo doo...

Me and Annabelle's friend Kerry

This was my pseudo-birthday party - my real birthday was Tues Jan 30 - but nobody except for Annabelle knew it was my birthday. I'll have a real birthday party when I get back to Melbourne.

Then it was off to bed - had to get up at 6:30am Sat for work. Ah, some things never change...

D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.