Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sitting in Berlin

So here I am back in Berlin after the World Cup, waiting to check into my hostel.

I have slept for less than 2 hrs tonight after going to Cambridge with Tony and Mike, and staying out til about 3am, then catching a bus to Stansted Airport (30 min bus ride), checking in then catching the 7:10am flight to Berlin. So here I am, smelling of stale cigarettes on my clothes.

Hardly saw Cambridge - saw the outside of King's College and St. Mary's Church and the inside of the Bath House pub to watch the England-Macedonia Euro qualifier. Did some bar and club hopping, and then I was off again...

Will probably catch a pub crawl tonight, tomorrow go see the stuff I missed last time round.

It is amazing who you might find on MySpace. Apparently there are about 130 people from the Ironwood High School class of 1997 on it, but I can hardly recognize any of them or remember them! But it is good to see some familiar faces...

DN

No comments: