Friday, February 24, 2006

Ellen's b'day & my belated b'day




So Ellen's had her birthday again. Usually Ellen and Nadine would have their joint birthdays, but as Nadine isn't around so much, and I didn't do anything for my birthday, I decided to come off the bench for Nadine.

So first stop is the dinner at Shanghai Dumpling House off Lt Bourke Street. This place known only for the cheapest of meals. Service is sparse at best. You have to get up and get your own cups, water, tea, and soy sauce. You have to tackle the waitresses to get their attention, and they're pretty agile. And English is not their first language either. However, they give you about 15 dumplings for about $5, so you can't really complain!

Next stop is Bambu, a little basement bar in Flinders Lane. Never busy, but always has a nice atmosphere. And well, I'm sure the pictures speak for themselves.

No comments: